From Principal’s Desk
Dr. Bhushan P. Joshi
Globalization has presented new challenges for the realization of the goal for women’s equality. It has been found from micro level study that benefits of the growing global economy have been unevenly distributed leading to wider economic disparities, the feminization of poverty, increased gender inequality through deteriorating working conditions and unsafe working environment especially in the informal economy and rural areas. It is therefore needed to enhance the capacity of women and empower them to meet the negative social and economic impacts, which may flow from the globalization process.
Maharshi Karve stree shikshan Samstha had been working on this strategy for the past 121 years. We at Cummins College of engineering for women vouch for the empowerment of women in the engineering sector through curriculum based knowledge and much beyond that which will prepare them not only a confident engineer but also a good citizen of India.
At Cummins CoE for women we ensure that our students think and act differently to reach their goal or solution. Tom Linebarger President and COO Cummins Inc. USA said “When you educate a woman you educate a family and when you strengthen a woman you strengthen the country”. I, Dr. Bhushan. P. Joshi as Principal of Cummins College of Engineering for Women assure that we are committed to provide the apt environment for the students of Cummins College of Engineering for women at Nagpur. The students here will find that they are getting empowered with all the skills needed either for the woman employee, woman entrepreneur and/ or woman educator.
Pune is known as the ‘Oxford of East’ and everybody had been rushing to study at Pune. But now if the same class of teaching –learning process, same standard of the companies for the placement are available at CCoEW Nagpur, then why go to Pune. Cummins College has a beautiful and state-of-the-art set up of Engineering College campus at Nagpur which is run by experienced administrators & faculty from Pune and Nagpur. CCoeW is the only upcoming college in Nagpur where students will have access to 65 different world class companies for placement and training.
Dr. Bhushan P Joshi
Principal Ex-Joint Director DRDO,
BE(Hons.) EEE, BITS Pilani, ME(Mech) Guided Missiles DBM, MMS (Fin.) & Ph.D.(Engg.) Univ. of Pune Diploma in German Language
Short Biodata :-
Dr. Bharatbhushan Joshi is a BE (Hons.) in Electrical Electronics Engineering from BITS, Pilani, and ME in Guided Missiles and Doctorate in Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems Technology from University of Pune. During his doctorate he developed highly sensitive micron level acceleration sensor, for which he received award from IETE, New Delhi. He has Diploma in Business Management and a Diploma in German Language from University of Pune. He acquired Master of Management Sciences degree in Finance.
He has total of 34 years of experience in design and development of Mechatronics systems for variety of armaments and weapon systems and has 10 years of experience in academics. He has worked as a Scientist and Group Director at Armament Research & Development Establishment DRDO, Ministry of Defence. He has designed and developed various critical armament systems which now are in production. He has worked as a consultant on operations, production, system design and strategic business development for defence industry & Defence PSUs.
Presently he is Principal at Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha’s Cummins College of engineering for women at Hingna Nagpur since 2011. He is member of RTMNU Board of Studies for Electronics Engineering. He has more than 32 publications in various national/ international conferences and journals. He has published three books. He is on the Board of Studies of Electronics and on the committee of Robotics of RTM Nagpur University. He is executive member at IEEE Nagpur Subsection and he is Chairman of IETE Nagpur Center. He is also Vice-President at CEGR Maharashtra circle.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Commendation certificate for development of mission critical systems for Indian missiles program (IGMDP) in 1990
- Best young Scientist in DRDO for year 1997 commending outstanding contribution in the field of Mechatronics systems for missile warheads.
- Best Principal of Alard Group of Institutes in the year 2010
- Cummins College twice received Times Business award for years 2018 and 2019.
- He was awarded Navbharat Education Award for Best College in Women Empowerment for year 2019
- IETE “Flt. Lt. Tanmay Singh Dandas memorial” Award for development of Micro-Sensor year 2012
- Rotary award for social services 2012
He has various professional Memberships.
- Fellow Institution of Engineers
- Fellow Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers
- Senior member at IEEE
- Member at International Society of Automation
- Life Member of Society of EMC Engineers, India
- Life Member at Institute of Defence Scientists and Technologists
- Life Member of Institute of Smart Structures and Systems
- Life member of Vigyan Bharati
- Life Member of CEGR and Vice president of Maharashtra circle of CEGR